The College supports faculty efforts to create new and offer existing Study Abroad courses and programs. To that end, we offer the following information:
- Courses and programs require the approval of the department, college, and Provost’s office.
- Contact David Pharies, the Associate Dean for International Affairs for help with initiating a new course or program.
- All requests for new courses must use the New Study Abroad Course Proposal (PDF) form. This form must be signed by the relevant department chair before being forwarded to the college.
- To help with planning a new course, we provide a CLAS Study Abroad Course/Program Checklist (PDF). The University of Florida International Center (UFIC) will provide assistance with budget and marketing; contact Susanne Hill.
- One additional approval form is necessary, which goes to UFIC once departmental and college approval is obtained: Study Abroad Course Approval Form (UFIC) Download (PDF) for sign-off on budget and local arrangements.
To learn more about getting an exchange program started, contact Brian Harfe.